confessions of a messed up mind

Thursday, July 13, 2006

to be or not to be

I work in a company where I have regular interactions with the managing director of the company.In fact if not for him I would havebeen jobless.
back to topic:

He told that our company which was under american management might change to japanese management.He went on to add that we in india were not culturally ready to deal with japanese people.In japan it seems they give prority to country,society,company,family ,self in that order.It will not be a problem with americans to be otherwise but it will matter with japs.

I asked him what is wrong with hedonism.He told that it's not wrong but when some person has the intellect to and power to improve others along with him then he should do it.Man as any other animal is selfish by instinct but doing the other way is the only way we as a species can grow up in the value chain.

This got me to think deeply.Am i not supposed to have what I want.Should i sacrifice my desires for the greater good of mankind.(mankind is too strong a word."people around me" sounds better. )

Well sorry world, i will pass.I'm too self-obsessed to act the other way.Atleast at this point in my life.Maybe later.

Right now i'm a hedonist and happy being one.

PS:hedonist not in a sexual way only.
11:50 pm
la jolla
12th july 2006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home